Amateur Science Fiction and Fantasy Competition
Swancon 2004: Chronopolis will accept submissions in four competition
categories: written fiction, visual media, sound media, and junior
achievement (under 16).
The closing date for submissions is Friday 26th March 2004.
Submissions can be e-mailed to <email@example.com> or sent by post to
Swancon 2004 Amateur SF Competition
GPO Box g429
Perth, WA 6841
- The Amateur SF&F Competition is open to Australian residents or Swancon 2004 members only.
- The theme of the competition is "Stories from the City of Time".
- Entries must be original, fictitious and cannot be based upon existing series, properties or characters.
- Entries must not have been previously published, nor have been the recipient of a prize.
- The judges' decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants must agree to having their entries published in a fanzine or on a website, although Swancon 2004 is under no obligation to do so.
- Up to 3 entries may be submitted by each entrant.
- The name of the entrant must only appear on the cover page of the submission and nowhere else.
- Each written fiction entry should consist of a short story, maximum length of 5000 words.
- Two copies of each written fiction entry must be submitted.
- The submission must be typed, in an easily readable form.
- Each visual media entry should consist of one short fictional film or animation, maximum length of 20 minutes.
- The submission must be on good quality VHS tape, VCD or DVD, and accompanied by a cover letter with the contributor's name and the title of the submission(s).
- Two copies of each video entry should be submitted, on separate VHS tapes, VCDs or DVDs.
- Each sound media entry should consist of one short fictional radio-play, maximum length of 20 minutes.
- The submission must be on good quality audio tape cassette or CD, and accompanied by a cover letter with the contributor's name and the title of the submission(s).
- Two copies of each audio entry should be submitted, on separate audio tapes or CDs.
- Any written fiction, visual media or sound media which follow the above guidelines may be submitted to the junior achievement category by authors younger than 16 years of age.
- Submissions will only be posted back if a self addressed stamped envelope is included (with sufficient postage and large enough to contain your entry).
- Please do not submit your original, submit a copy.
- The judges reserve the right to deliver a verdict of No Award.
Academic Stream |
Amateur SF Competition |
Upcoming Events |
Mailing List |
This web page last updated on Tue, 23 Sep 2003 by Shay Telfer <firstname.lastname@example.org>